Saturday, April 26, 2014

Disturbia

Oh life oh universe 
What have I done to make thee so adverse? 
All I did, all I do, all the ribald expressions 
Are meant in good humor, as sarcasm is my oldest obsession 
And so you chose me to be the butt of thy cruelest joke
Of the most evil fashion 
You gave me a life devoid of any passion 
   
For years I have been wandering like a vagabond 
Ignorance is at its paramount 
They say Ignorance is bliss 
But this bliss has left me with blisters 
What remains is rubble of dreams and ambitions lying about in cinders 

 I feel envious of the ants 
All in one line, focused and marching along in a unified formation
And I look into the mirror searching for the curious kid, who believed in innovation 

The kid that once peeped is long gone, what stares back is a crippled soul 
In search of a source to push him into an even deeper oblivion 

Give me a sign or else I may be forever lost, show me a glimpse of hope
     Or else where there used to be candle, will lurk a ghost of a flame 
All my life have I been just a bane? 

 I gaze at the stars as they too flicker 
 I drench myself in their pale glitter 
 And as Twilight approaches I recede 
 The sunlight is too bright to bear
 My eyes tell me and so does my heart 
 That I was made for the dark! 
 If there is no silver lining, if you indeed think I am not worthwhile 
 Why not shove me down into an even deeper and darker aisle? 


I stand on the edge of an abyss
Waiting for a gentle breeze
They say falling feels like flying
Finally I will be at ease
At least I will go down with wind in my hair
The airiness will blow away the despair
With eyes wide open I embrace the fall
With hatred for none and malice for all

No comments:

Post a Comment